Recipe type: Entree
Arroz Brasileiro is a Brazilian Food Recipe for sauteed rice.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 c. uncooked long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 1 whole clove
- 5 c. hot water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté about 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the rinsed rice and stir constantly until the rice has absorbed the oil and the grains are translucent (about 8 minutes).
- Add the clove and hot water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add salt and pepper. Cover and cook 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes until the rice has absorbed all of the moisture.