Recipe type: Dessert
Bomba or "bomb" is a Brazilian dessert bread stuffed with cream or chocolate.
- 250ml water
- pinch of salt
- 100g margarine
- 150g flour
- 4 eggs
- In a pan, bring water, salt and margarine to boil.
- Add flour, and stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- When the mixture forms one whole 'ball', and easily separates from the pan, turn the stove off, and let it cool.
- When cooled, add eggs one by one, mixing (beating) vigorously.
- Create balls of the dough mixture on a baking tray, and bake in a preheated oven on high heat for 15-20 minutes until they are 'dry' and golden.
- When cool, add stuffing, and glaze.
- Stuffing: vanilla or chocolate cream. Make a cream with corn starch (e.g., 1 cup milk, 2 tbsp level corn starch, 2 tbsp level sugar).