Recipe type: Drink
Caipirinha is a Brazilian Cocktail Recipe and means Little Country Girl.
- 1 lime (the best would be to use a small yellow lemon called 'galego', in Brazil - if you find it, use 2 instead of 1 lime)
- pinga (sugar and pinga are added to taste)
- ice cubes
- Peel the lime, not entirely - leave about ⅕ of the peel.
- Cut into eighths, put into a glass.
- Sprinkle sugar, somewhat covering the lime pieces (or to taste). Mash well, using a wood pestle.
- Add pinga (to taste), 'washing' the pestle while mixing well.
- Break some ice cubes into pieces and add to the drink... and enjoy.
- Don't drink too much!
This drink is made originally with 'pinga' (= 'aguardente' or