Camarão na Moranga
Recipe type: Appetiser
Camarão na Moranga is a Brazilian pumpkin/squash recipe stuffed with creamy shrimp.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 or 2 tomatoes chopped (optional)
- 500g shrimp
- 400g cream cheese
- 1 pumpkin/squash seeded (25-30 cm in diameter)
- In a pan, saute chopped onion and garlic in oil.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until chunky.
- Add shrimp (use small ones, cleaned), mix, and cook only for a few minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, mix well, and pour the mixture into the squash (which will be your 'pan').
- Bake (in low-medium heat) until squash is cooked but not overcooked.
- When serving, use squash pulp with the shrimp mixture.