Canja com Arroz
Recipe type: Soup
Canja com Arroz is a Brazilian Food Recipe for chicken rice soup with homemade broth.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, cut in 4 pieces each
- 1 carrot, peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- stem from 1 sprig of parsley
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 8 c. water
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ⅓ c. cooked rice
- ¼ tsp. basil
- ¼ c. chopped parsley or chives for garnish
- For the broth, place the chicken, celery stalks, carrot, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, and water in large saucepan or stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Using a colander, strain broth into a bowl. Set chicken pieces aside and discard cooked vegetables.
- Return liquid and chicken to pot, and add the diced celery, diced carrots, parsnip, tomato, rice, and basil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped parsley or chives.