Recipe type: Main
Chicken Mole is a Brazilian adaptation of the Mexican sauce.
- 4lbs of chicken pieces
- 10 ancho chillies
- 5 mulatto chillies
- 3 cloves
- 3 tortillas
- 2lbs dried black chilies
- 2oz pinups
- 2oz raisins
- 4oz sesame seeds
- 1oz toasted bread
- ½oz cinnamon
- ¼oz black pepper
- 2oz bar of dark chocolate
- 3 tomatoes
- 2tbsp chicken flavor
- Place chicken pieces into a pot and boil for 30 minutes.
- Puree the tomatoes and the chilies and add to the chicken.
- When cooked through, add one quart of chicken broth.
- For Sauce: Toast the sesame seeds on a griddle.
- Fry the bread and remove from pan then fry the tortillas.
- Fry the chile together with the cloves, cinnamon and chicken flavor then grind them together with a little water. Add the toasted and peeled tomatoes and blend. Heat and slowly mix in one quart of stock. Thicken over low heat, stirring continually to prevent sticking.
- Add the mole sauce to the chicken and tomato purse. Be sure to stir well.
- Grind the chocolate to a powder and sprinkle over sauce, mix well.
- Bring to a boil and thicken. Finally serve a piece of chicken on each plate with mole and sprinkle over the toasted sesame seeds and serve with rice.