Doce de Abóbora
Recipe type: Dessert
Doce de Abóbora is a Brazilian pumpkin dessert.
- 1 kg pumpkin or squash
- 700g sugar
- cinnamon sticks to taste
- cloves to taste
- Cut squash into 3cm square pieces.
- In a large pan, cook the sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves. When the sugar starts melting, add squash and arrange it below the sugar.
- Stir from time to time until cooked. If needed, add some water.
- Stop cooking when desired. You can make cubes or let it become a cream.
- You can also add ground coconut while cooking.