Dulce de Leche
Recipe type: Dessert
Dulce de Leche is a Brazilian Food Recipe for sweet milk pudding.
- 4 eggs
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ c. whole milk
- ⅓ c. sugar
- With a hand mixer or in a blender, beat eggs.
- Add condensed and whole milk and blend well. Set custard mixture aside.
- Heat sugar over medium-high heat in a small saucepan, stirring constantly, until the sugar caramelizes (turns brown and syrupy). This may take 20 minutes.
- Quickly pour sugar mixture into bottom of ovenproof 2-quart mold or bowl, coating the bottom and sides of container.
- Pour custard mixture into the mold.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Chill until ready to serve. Turn onto platter. The pudding will be covered with a caramel sauce.