Recipe type: Entree
Brazilian Pamonha is a corn paste wrapped in corn husks.
- 12 large ears of corn with husks
- 1 cup of warm olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- small slices of cheese (optional)
- Husk the corn carefully to preserve the leaves and make small envelopes with them that you can close and tie shut.
- Grate the corn in a large bowl then add the salt and oil.
- Fill the envelopes with this paste and put a slice of cheese on top. Tie shut and place in a large pan.
- Completely cover with boiling water and simmer on medium heat for about 1 hour.