Recipe type: Side
Couve is a Brazilian Food Recipe for a fast version of sauteed kale.
- 1 head kale
- 2 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Wash kale thoroughly. Place each kale leaf on a cutting board and use a paring knife to remove the leaf rib—the stem that forms the leaf’s spine. Slice along each side of the rib to remove it. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Roll up each leaf and slice into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan, add garlic, and sauté.
- Add kale and stir-fry until tender but not soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.