Recipe type: Main
Feijoada is a Brazilian Food Recipe for bean stew. This recipe is a quick and easy version.
- 2 c. canned black beans
- 4 c. water
- 1 ham bone
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 8 pork sausage links or hot dogs
- Drain beans and put in a pan.
- Add 4 c. water, ham bone, onion, salt, pepper, cumin, and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer over low heat for 3 hours.
- Brown pork links, cut in bite-sized pieces and add to the bean mixture. If using hot dogs, cut them into bite-sized pieces and add directly to the bean mixture.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Serve with rice.